Director of Marketing
About Us: FloWater, recognized by INC. Magazine as one of America’s fastest-growing companies, has been redefining the future of drinking water since its founding over 10-years ago. We do this by transforming ordinary tap water into ultra-purified, great-tasting premium drinking water that consumers love and trust. After nearly a decade of terrific growth and several years of working with Bluewater as its strategic investor, in 2022 FloWater merged with Bluewater, a global leader in drinking water-based out of Stockholm, and is now part of a worldwide movement and platform of water purification solutions that will someday completely reinvent the water industry.
FloWater is in the process of being integrated as a division of Bluewater Group (specifically Bluewater North America). During this transition process, you will see links and email addresses from both Bluewater and FloWater.
Mission & Outcomes: FloWater was founded with a simple idea and a big vision. As we expand across the United States, we are looking for a Director of Marketing to serve as the lead in marketing for all strategic partnerships, departments, and customers, as well as all marketing-specific initiatives. This individual will develop and execute marketing programs, foster customer retention, support business development, advance brand awareness, and spearhead the company name transition from FloWater to Bluewater North America.
Great Candidates: You have 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in both B2B and B2C. You are someone who loves to learn and is eager to gain ultimate success at a mission-oriented company. You are a great communicator, highly organized, and able to work on multiple projects and priorities at once with high internal drive and self-accountability with the skills needed to deliver best-in-class marketing initiatives. You thrive in a fast-paced business and take the initiative to find efficiencies and overcome challenges as they arise.
Responsibilities & Role:
- Drive marketing partnerships with key strategic accounts, this includes identifying potential partners, negotiating partnerships, and managing the marketing and brand / promotional aspects with high-value strategic sales partnerships (largely, National Accounts) to drive brand awareness and affinity as well as customer retention (and to some degree, customer acquisition)
- Work closely with the CEO and executive team to develop and execute marketing strategies that align with the company's overall goals and objectives. This includes identifying target audiences, developing messaging and positioning, and creating integrated marketing plans with detailed supporting initiatives to drive business growth
- Develop an annual comprehensive marketing plan that outlines the company's marketing goals, strategies, and tactics. This plan should include a detailed timeline, budget, and performance metrics to ensure the team is on track to meet its objectives–with adjustments based on learnings and business needs during the year
- Work closely with other departments, such as sales, product, finance, and operations, to ensure alignment and collaboration on marketing initiatives. This includes participating in cross-functional meetings, providing input and insights, and proactively sharing marketing updates and results with the broader team
- Identify, select, and manage all marketing-related vendors and partners including social media, design, videography, copywriting, web, etc.
- Create, manage, and maintain all B2B marketing materials including pitch decks, reference guides, competitive intelligence, market research, sales sheets, etc.
- Generate inbound leads of interested prospects by using a variety of creative and functional marketing activities for inside and outside sales teams–one of our biggest opportunities, and one of the most important KPIs in this role
- Full responsibility for customer journey and experience with the brand including business cards, invoices, welcome emails, branding, and marketing on all other customer touchpoints and related communications
- Develop and implement direct response marketing strategies to drive lead generation and customer acquisition
- Maintain and execute brand standards across the organization
- Collaborate with freelance videographers to create engaging and captivating content to push across social media platforms to increase brand awareness and sales
- Launch email campaigns for product purchase reminders and mass marketing campaigns
- Hire and manage a Marketing Coordinator, providing guidance, support, and feedback to help them achieve their individual and team goals by identifying training and development opportunities
- Gather customer testimonials to use for website, sales flyers, and social media posts
- Build company swag packages, mailers, and other promotional items and send them to prospective customers, social media influencers, and brand partners
- Experiment with various organic and paid acquisition channels
- Manage social media and monthly customer email newsletters
- Produce valuable and engaging content for the company website and blog that attracts and converts target groups
- Interface with public relations agency as needed
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on digital marketing and partnerships. Experience in a senior-level marketing role is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing marketing strategies that drive business growth. Experience in the water or beverage industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications preferred
- Proficient in Mac IOS, Google Suite, Microsoft Word & Excel, Adobe Acrobat Editor a plus
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, Webtrends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Self-motivated and eager with the ability to build strategic marketing plans while being highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong and creative writing skills and confident verbal presentation skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Ability to manage competing priorities and requests
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Experience in digital and direct-response marketing
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Strong project management skills
- Numerically literate, comfortable with data; making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Ability to travel as necessary
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive base salary range of $100,000 - $115,000 depending on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, F.S.A., 401(k)), partially paid parental leave policy, and Paid Time Off.
Our Commitment: FloWater believes we can perform at our best when we are able to be our authentic selves. We strive to create a culture that celebrates our differences and supports diversity, creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for all. FloWater does not discriminate and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation/expression, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Please note this is not a fully remote position. FloWater will have a hybrid model of work by the end of 2023. Candidates must be Denver-based and have availability to come into the office on a consistent basis working within a hybrid schedule.